Hello RCPO Members,
The Radnor Memorial Day parade organizers have invited us to participate in the Radnor Memorial Day parade and assist with getting everyone organized in the morning.
We will then join in participating in the parade with a car. We would love to get as many members as possible to participate in this event to start off the year with a little comradery.
Please visit our Event Signup Page to sign up for this event, or simply reply to this email.
Information Packet for 2021 Parade
We are pleased that you and your organization will be marching in this year’s Radnor Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 31. The staging area for the Parade is the parking lot behind the Radnor Financial Center Building on Lancaster Avenue across from St. David’s Square Shopping Center. Because hundreds of people and vehicles participate in the Parade, we ask that your organization comply with the instructions below to ensure the safety of all participants:
- In addition to this Information Packet, a list of all units marching in the Parade and the order in which the units will depart the staging is attached to the covering e-mail. A map of the staging area which indicates by number where each group should assemble within the staging area will be sent separately.
- The Parade will start from the staging area at 9:45 a.m. sharp. We ask that all organizations assemble in their respective areas by no later than 9:00 a.m.
- Vehicles entering the staging area should use one of the driveways off Lancaster Avenue or Radnor Chester Road as shown on the enclosed map. The ramp to the west of 555 Lancaster Avenue is reserved exclusively as a staging areas for units. No vehicles will be permitted to use this ramp to enter or exit the staging area.
- Only those people and vehicles participating in the Parade will be permitted within the staging area at the top of the map. Vehicles not participating in the Parade should be parked in the locations shown on the map. No vehicles may park in the taped-off area in front of the Philadelphia Sports Club located in the rear of 555 Lancaster Avenue.
- If a vehicle is discharging a marcher for the Parade, the vehicle should enter the staging area through one of the two entrance ramps, discharge the marcher, and then exit the staging area through the other entrance driveway.
- The line of march of the Parade is west on Lancaster Avenue to the intersection with South Wayne Avenue and then south on South Wayne to the Township War Memorial. No parking is permitted near the War Memorial, the South Wayne Avenue municipal parking lot or the streets adjacent to the War Memorial during the Parade.
- In order to maintain the flow of the Parade, we ask that all units maintain a distance of 50 feet from the preceding unit. Please make certain that the gap between your organization and the group in front of you does not exceed 50 feet.
- PLEASE DO NOT GIVE OUT CANDY OR OTHER OBJECTS TO SPECTATORS ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. Such activities slow the pace of the Parade and endanger children running onto Lancaster Avenue to get the handouts.
- Vehicles in the line of march should not blow horns or sound sirens.
- There will be a short memorial service at the War Memorial immediately following the conclusion of the Parade. We invite all participants in the Parade to attend the service.
- Please go to our website, http://www.radnormemorialday.org, for any last-minute instructions, particularly if the weather is threatening.
- COVID. The CDC has recently issued new guidelines dealing with when you should wear a mask. We strongly recommend that you review the guidelines before deciding whether you should wear a mask. Generally, people who have been fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask, particularly when outdoors. However, when you are in the staging area waiting for the Parade to begin, you will be in crowded conditions. In accordance with the CDC guidelines, any adults who have not been fully vaccinated and children should wear masks.
We look forward to seeing you on Memorial Day and we hope you have a great Parade!
Staging Area Map
Order of Parade March
01 - Radnor Township Police car and motorcycles
02 - Color Guard – Radnor Township Police Department
03 - Anthony Wayne Legion Post 418
04 - Bateman Gallagher American Legion Post 668
05 - Color Guard – Bateman Gallagher Post 668
06 - Vehicles commemorating American wars:
- World War II
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
- Afghan/Iraq War
- Persian Gulf
07 - Paoli American Legion Post 646
08 - Army, Marine, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard vehicles
09 - Radnor Township Commissioners
10 - State Senator Cappelleti; State Representatives O’Mara and Vitali
11 - Paoli Boy Scout Troop 1
12 - Radnor Fire Company
13 - Radnor Township Education Association
14 - Radnor High School Scholarship Fund
15 - Sons of the American Revolution
17 - Wayne Business Association
18 - Rotary Club of Wayne
19 - Radnor Citizens Police Organization
22 - Radnor League of Women Voters
23 - Surrey Services for Seniors
25 - Wayne Senior Center
26 - Radnor Historical Society
27 - Main Line Meals on Wheels
29 - Antique Cars – 1910-41
32 - Radnor Wayne Little League
33 - Memorial Service Reminder Vehicle
35 - Memorial Library of Radnor Township
36 - Neighborhood League Shops Foundation
37 - Community Garden Club of Wayne
38 - Knights of Columbus of St. Katharine’s
39 - Antique Cars – 1944-60
40 - Irish Festival Committee
41 - Girl Scouts (if any show up)
45 - Radnor Cub Scout Troop 284
46 - Cub Scouts (if any others show up)
55 - Antique Cars – 1961-76
56 - Mid-Atlantic Amateur Radio Club
58 - Radnor School District Transportation
63 - Bryn Mawr Fire Company
64 - Berwyn Fire Company
65 - Newtown Square Fire Company
66 - Gladwyne Fire Company
67 - Valley Forge Military Academy